This talk will cover the operations knowledge that you will need to successfully run and operate an OpenStack Swift cluster. This session is for operators who want tactical advice on the operational tasks needed to run a Swift cluster.
In this workshop we will:
- Walk through the procedure of handling a drive failure
- Adding additional capacity to a Swift cluster
- Running benchmarks to simulate workloads
- Tuning a Swift cluster
- Using transaction IDs in the logs to find an error
- Monitoring Swift-specific metrics and what they mean such as async pending, quarantined objects and replication statistics.
Come prepared with an already running Swift cluster, or watch and learn. The all-in-one cluster created in the “Deploying OpenStack Swift” workshop is fine for this purpose.